With lots of beautiful beaches in the UK to visit, the perfect staycation destination is never too far away. We have suggestions for gorgeous seaside breaks around the UK, as well as the best types of accommodation to go for.
5 Most Beautiful Beaches in the UK to Visit
With endless beautiful beaches in the UK to consider, here are some of our very favourite to visit on your next staycation:
1. Morecambe Bay – With incredible views from its promenade, Morecambe Bay is a beautiful beach in the northwest of England.
2. Tenby – This seaside town in Pembrokeshire is beloved by locals and tourists alike.
3. Brighton – Complete with a pebble beach and iconic pier, Brighton has long been high on the list of beautiful beaches in the UK for a family holiday.
4. Rhossili Bay – Dubbed ‘the supermodel of British beaches’, Rhossili Bay beach is famed for its dramatic views and walking routes.
5. Bournemouth – Thanks to its huge, sandy stretch, amusements and accompanying shopping facilities, Bournemouth beach can fill multiple days of family fun.
3 Beautiful Dog Friendly Beaches in the UK
Your furry friend never has to miss out on the seaside fun again with plenty of beautiful beaches in the UK to bring them along to:
1. Durdle Door Beach – Best known for its striking limestone arch, Durdle Door beach welcomes furry friends. There’s no need to leave them out of the fun! No family photo opportunity is complete without the pooch, and this beautiful UK beach offers plenty of picture perfect shots.
2. Oxwich Bay – This is a stunning option on the Welsh Gower and what’s more, dogs can join you on your trip there. The two and a half mile sandy stretch is ideal for letting them burn off steam whilst you take in the surroundings.
3. Embleton Bay – There are no dog restrictions on this beautiful beach in the North of England. For views of Dunstanburgh Castle and expansive sandy shores, look no further for your next staycation.
3 Types of UK Beach Holiday Accommodation
A stunning beach break deserves equally stunning accommodation. Here are some of the best types of places to set up camp for a holiday by the sea:
1. Cottages – For a picturesque stay, a cottage by a beautiful beach in the UK is an excellent choice. Treat you and your family to a little luxury on your next break with a charming North Wales holiday cottage, for example.
2. Lets – To experience coastal life like one of the locals, choose a holiday let by the sea. This is a great option for those inspired to, for instance, take a self-catering holiday in Cornwall and explore all the hidden gems in your seaside of choice.
3. Hotels – With choices to suit all budgets and tastes, hotels are a reliable route for a beautiful UK beach staycation. They’re great for those wanting somewhere simple to make a base for all your coastal adventures.
UK Holiday Guidance with Cottage Decisions
Cottage Decisions is on hand to give advice on UK holiday related topics. FromLake District family holidays to self-catering holiday cottages in North Wales, let us direct you to your next ideal staycation.