You’ll always be spoiled for things to do in Cornwall. It is, after all, the quintessential UK holiday destination! Whether you’re looking for activities in the wet weather or things to do without spending cash, we’ve got you covered.
3 Things to Do in Cornwall for Families
Planning a Cornwall family holiday means choosing enough fun days out to satisfy the whole clan. Here are just three of the must-see things to do in Cornwall for all of you to enjoy:
1. The Eden Project – One of the most well-known Cornwall attractions, this immersive experience is essential on any itinerary. Kids and adults alike will love delving into the biodomes and outdoor gardens.
2. St Michael’s Mount – For a unique island adventure, St Michael’s Mount tops the list of things to do in Cornwall. The crowning jewel of this island is its impressive castle, but there’s plenty else to explore along the way.
3. Newquay Zoo – A zoo is a classic choice for a family day out, and for good reason. Learn all about its animal inhabitants whilst enjoying one of the wildest things to do in Cornwall.
3 Things to Do in Cornwall in the Rain
The unreliable British weather can come into play at any time. It’s always important to have some rainproof activities under your belt. Luckily, we have three things to do in Cornwall which won’t leave you confined to your Cornwall holiday cottage!
1. Tate St Ives – Explore 100 years of art at Tate St Ives, with plenty of inspiring displays to delve into. This makes an excellent day out for those interested in more creative ways to immerse themselves in a new place.
2. Carnglaze Caverns –For captivating tours and even concerts, this former slate mine is a must visit in Cornwall. Ending with a spectacular underground lake, this attraction has no shortage of fantastic photo opportunities.
3. The Castle Bude – A castle visit is high on the list of things to do in Cornwall. The Castle Bude is one of the finest and oldest in the area, perfect for investigating on a rainy day in the region.
3 Free Things to Do in Cornwall
Not all holiday activities have to stretch your budget. Aside from its unbeatable beaches, this English county is home to plenty of great sources of entertainment. Find our top things to do in Cornwall for free:
1. Trenance Gardens and Leisure Park – On top of having some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK, Cornwall has plenty of serene parks to delight in. This is a great option for families of all ages to spend a day enjoying.
2. Roskilly’s Farm – Also perfect for a dog friendly holiday in Cornwall, this farm makes a charming visit. See various animals, enjoy peaceful meadows and sample delicious ice cream!
3. Cornish Coastal Path – Get some great exercise and love every minute of it. The county’s iconic coastal path tops any list of things to do in Cornwall.