North Wales family holidays are a wonderful opportunity for the whole clan to make memories together. This destination is perfect for a UK adventure. It’s full of spellbinding sites, family bonding activities and wild spaces for outdoor exploring! Whether you’re whisking the family away for a long weekend or indulging in a much needed extended break, North Wales family holidays are always a good choice. Let us inspire your next trip now!
Places to Stay for a North Wales Family Holiday
As one of the UK’s top family holiday destinations, it is no wonder that North Wales family holidays are so popular. If you are unsure where to stay, here are some of the best places to stay for family holidays in North Wales:
- Isle of Anglesey – Anglesey is a Welsh island off the north coast and boasts dramatic coastal views. It is also an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty so prepare for some gorgeous scenery.
- Conwy – Conwy is a walled market town located on the River Conwy. It boasts one of the most impressive castles in North Wales which adults and children a like can love.
- Denbighshire – Located in the North-East of Wales, Denbighshire has the country’s oldest evidence of habitation! Stay here and travel in time on your North Wales family holiday.
- Flintshire – Flintshire is located in the North-East of Wales and is home to the Dee Estuary. The area boasts numerous historic landmarks and has a welcoming atmosphere.
- Gwynedd – Housing the Snowdonia National Park, Gwynedd is ideal for outdoor family holidays in North Wales! Gwynedd has lots of holiday accommodation options with adventures like stargazing and mountain biking on their doorstep.
- Wrexham – Wrexham is a market town nestled between the mountains and the Dee Valley. The perfect blend of manmade landmarks and natural landscapes, Wrexham has something to please every family member.
Family Holiday Accommodation in North Wales
Once you’ve figured out the perfect place to stay, the next step is to choose the type of accommodation you’re after. The type of holiday let you stay in during your North Wales family holiday is vital for your loved ones to enjoy their break! It’s not excessive to say that the right holiday home can make or break the entire trip. Luckily North Wales is prepared with lots of different types of accommodation to choose from.
- Cottages – Cottages are ideal for families who enjoy a little more comfort and want proper cooking facilities during their time away. Like a home from home, returning to a North Wales holiday cottage can be the perfect way to end a busy day.
- Caravans – Caravans are a fun choice for North Wales family holidays – especially for little ones! They are also a great option if you’re planning a pet-friendly North Wales trip.
- Campsites – With so many beautiful landscapes camping in North Wales is beloved by many. You’ll be able to enjoy everything Welsh nature has to offer and make unforgettable memories with your loved ones!
- Yurts – For a unique stay in North Wales, many locations offer yurts with roaring fires to keep you warm even in the coldest months! These unique stays add something extra special to your family adventure.
- Big Houses – If you’re planning a holiday with the extended members of the family, renting a big house in North Wales could be the way to go. This accommodation offers communal places to come together as well as private rooms to retreat to for a break from the crowd.
Family Holiday Activities North Wales
Wondering what activities to get up to on your holiday to North Wales? We’ve got you covered!
- Walking – With national parks such as Brecon Beacons and mountains such as Snowdonia, walking is the top thing to do!
- Visit historic castles – History lovers will adore a family holiday to North Wales as the area is rife with historic castles and stately homes!
- Visit the Beach – A UK family holiday is never complete without a trip to the beach! Pack the towels, spades, buckets and sandwiches and enjoy the best the North Wales coast has to offer. Just don’t forget money for ice creams!
- Railways – North Wales is bursting with heritage railways that still run steam trains to this day. Little ones will adore spotting the unique and characterful trains!
- National Trust Properties – North Wales is home to an abundance of impressive National Trust properties. Get a glimpse into the country’s historical past as you marvel at these remarkable sites.
- Smallest House is Britain – A trip to the area wouldn’t be complete without a family selfie in front of the Smallest House in Britain!
Still need more inspiration to book a family holiday to North Wales? Read our list of the 10 top things to do in North Wales.
UK Holiday Inspiration with Cottage Decisions
North Wales family holidays are just the start. Cottage Decisions is here to bring you the best in UK holidays. Whether you’re planning an expedition up north to the Yorkshire Moors or a romantic retreat down south to the Devon coast. Let us inspire your next trip today and discover the magic of the United Kingdom.