A South Wales self catering holiday can be a fantastic way to relax, reset and spend time with loved ones. There are so many reasons to love self catering, from greater flexibility to having a space to chill at the end of the day. On top of that South Wales is overflowing with incredible things to see and do. Treat yourself and the family to a South Wales self catering holiday and enjoy the best out of the local landscapes, food scene and activities. Keep reading for all our guidance on making your next stay in the region the best it can be.
Why Take a Self Catering Holiday in South Wales?
If you are unsure whether a South Wales self catering holiday is for you, then let us inspire you!
- Firstly, a self catering holiday can allow you more freedom to explore as much or as little of the area as you like. There’s no pressure to eat at certain times which means you can come and go from your accommodation without restrictions. Fancy catching an early morning sunrise on a beautiful beach? With self catering accommodation you won’t have to worry about missing the hotel breakfast. Or what if you stumble across a charming local restaurant in a neighboroughing market town? Self catering means you have the freedom to tuck in to a delicious impromptu dinner.
- If you’re going on a family holiday in South Wales, self catering can be the easiest way to please picky eaters. You aren’t tied down to specific restaurants or restricted by set menus. Instead, you can hand pick where you eat throughout your South Wales self catering holiday.
- Self catering can be great for tailoring a break to your budget. You could choose to eat in every night. You could visit the most luxurious restaurants. Or you could have experience the best of both at the many friendly Welsh pubs. Whatever your budget, self catering can accommodate it with ease.
A South Wales self catering holiday offers the chance to try popular Welsh dishes from anywhere in the region you want. Indulge in Welsh cakes, bara brith and laverbread during your adventures in the area. With so many exciting hidden gems across the region, you can structure your South Wales itinerary with ease when you opt for a self catering experience.
3 Types of Self Catering Accommodation in South Wales
You’ve made the decision to take a South Wales self catering holiday. An excellent choice! There’s no better place to start putting that plan into action than deciding on your type of accommodation. Here are some of our top picks:
- Cottages – It wouldn’t be right for us not to discuss our favourite type of self catering accommodation! Holiday cottages are a fantastic home away from home for family holidays in South Wales. They are complete with all the comforts you and your loved ones will need for your time away. Plus they are the perfect cosy retreat after a day of adventuring.
- Caravans – A quintessential option for any UK holiday. Caravans can keep it flexible for a holiday with the dog, with the same convenient opportunities to prepare food at base.
- Campsite – For the more adventurous among us, a campsite could make the perfect place to set up for a South Wales self catering holiday. Be at one with nature and do it the traditional way. Alternatively, opt for glamping for a slice of luxury.
3 Places to Take a Self Catering Holiday in South Wales
Whilst there are plenty of places to take a self catering holiday in North Wales, the southern region of this country has its share of spectacular places to stay too. Here are some of our favourites:
- Cardiff – Wales’ capital city is a treasure trove of excellent places to eat and explore. A self catering holiday in Cardiff can involve castle visits, many museums and waterside walks.
- The Gower – A South Wales self catering holiday in the Gower makes a stunning choice. With plenty of independent shops and eateries, you’ll find pockets of holiday inspiration everywhere.
- Porthcawl – For a seaside holiday that is as family friendly as it is beautiful, this gorgeous area is popular for good reason. Book a South Wales self catering holiday here once, and you’ll be hooked for life.
3 South Wales Self Catering Holiday Accommodations to Try
Take a look at these three self catering holiday accommodations in South Wales to get a taster of what you could be enjoying.
- Rhossili Old Rectory – A historic 4 bedroom cottage on the Gower, the Rhossili Old Rectory is the only building on the world famous beach of Rhossili Bay. Settle in for a cosy games night around the fire in winter or run out directly onto the sandy beach for a surf in summer.
- Dinefwr Home Farm – A charming farmhouse surrounded by gorgeous countryside Dinefwr Home Farm is perfectly placed to explore the Brecon Beacons. A South Wales self catering holiday here can be as action packed or laid back as you wish.
- Burrows Cottage – Enveloped in peaceful woodland, Burrows Cottage is the perfect place for a serene South Wales self catering holiday. Listen to birds sing as you enjoy a cup of tea before taking a short walk to the beach.
UK Holiday Guidance with Cottage Decisions
Cottage Decisions is here to provide information and guidance on all things UK holidays. From self catering holidays in Cornwall to pet friendly holidays in North Wales, look no further when planning your next staycation.