North Yorkshire Moors family holidays have something for everyone. Adventurous spirits will love exploring the forests. Those looking for rest and relaxation can enjoy the peace of the country air. Keep reading to discover the magic of North Yorkshire family holidays!
Places to Stay for a North Yorkshire Moors Family Holiday
The North Yorkshire Moors are one of the UK’s top family holiday destinations! There are so many wonderful places to stay but some of our favourite spots include:
- Whitby – Whitby is a gorgeous coastal town. It has long stretches of sandy beach on one side, and the rolling hills of the moors on the other.
- Pickering – Pickering is a quaint, historic market town filled with attractions to keep you busy on your North Yorkshire Moors family holiday.
- Helmsley – Charming and friendly Helmsley will feel like a home from home.
- Staithes – Once one of the largest fishing ports in the North East, Staithes is now a picturesque hillside village.
Family Holiday Accommodation in the North Yorkshire Moors
The type of accommodation you choose for your North Yorkshire Moors family holiday can transform your trip. Check out the options available:
- Cottages – A classic cottage provides comfort, privacy and is a great base to return to after a long day of exploring your gorgeous surroundings.
- Camping – Feel at one with the beautiful landscapes of the North Yorkshire Moors by camping under the stars.
- Glamping – In between camping and a cottage, glamping is a great choice for your family holiday in the North Yorkshire Moors. It offers an extra touch of luxury whilst still being immersed in nature.
Family Holiday Activities in the North Yorkshire Moors
You won’t be short of activities to keep you entertained on North Yorkshire Moors family holidays. Here are a few things you could do:
- Walking – Nature lovers will adore a family holiday to the North Yorkshire Moors as there are lots of opportunities for scenic walks.
- Biking – The whole family can enjoy pedalling around the Moor to Sea Cycle Network.
- Visit historic sites – From the mesmerising Castle Howard to Whitby Abbey which inspired Bram Stoker’s ‘Dracula’, a family holiday to the North Yorkshire Moors can be full of marvellous landmarks.
- Heritage Railway – The North Yorkshire Moors Railway is one of the most authentic steam rails in the UK. You might recognise it from the Harry Potter films!