Northern Ireland Family Holidays are fun for the whole gang. Amazing sites, delicious food and total relaxation all await you. Discover what wonders a family trip to Ireland could involve.
Best Family Holiday Destinations in Ireland
It is hard to choose the best family holiday destination in Ireland because there are so many incredible spots. Here are some of our favourites:
- Belfast – the capital city of Belfast is a popular Northern Ireland family holiday destination. It’s exciting, full of attractions and family friendly.
- Ballycastle – The coastal town of Ballycastle has a rich heritage and is well connected for exploring Northern Ireland.
- Derry – The walled city of Derry is utterly charming and full of history. It’s a magical base for your family holiday in Northern Ireland.
- Fermanagh Lakelands – The Fermanagh Lakelands are a stunning network of lakes and rivers, ideal for a scenic Northern Ireland getaway.
Family Holiday Accommodation in Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland has plenty of types of holiday accommodation to choose from. You can pick the perfect place for your family’s taste. Some of the choices include:
- Cottages – Family holiday cottages in Northern Ireland can be like a home from home. They are great for families who want to run to their own schedules.
- Caravans – Caravans in family holiday parks in Northern Ireland come with amenities to make your trip easy and are a fun choice for little ones.
- Glamping – Adventurous spirit but still want some comfort? Spend your family holiday to Northern Ireland glamping under the stars.
Family Holiday Activities in Northern Ireland
The beauty of Northern Ireland family holidays is that they can be as action packed or relaxed as you desire. Have a look at some of the attractions available:
- See the Giant’s Causeway – This volcanic landmark is mesmerising to behold and like a natural playground for children. This is a must see on family holidays to Northern Ireland.
- Learn some history – History lovers will adore a family holiday to Northern Ireland. You could visit the mediaeval ruins of Dunluce Castle or spend a fascinating day at the Titanic Museum.
- Visit the beach – No UK family holiday is complete without a visit to the beach and Northern Ireland has a gorgeous coastline.
- Go for a hike – Older families can enjoy climbing the Mourne Mountains whilst younger families can be enchanted by the magic of Tollymore Forest Park.
UK Holiday Inspiration with Cottage Decisions
Cottage Decisions is here to inspire your next UK family holiday whether it’s in Northern Ireland, North Wales or North Yorkshire! To stay up to date with our recommendations, follow our Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.