Places to stay in North Wales aren’t in short supply. There are endless options all equally charming and utterly memorable. Whether you envisage relaxing on the beach, strolling around picturesque towns or exploring castles, there’s a place nearby for you. This guide has the inside knowledge you need to help you discover your ideal spot.
Top 3 Places to Stay in North Wales for Families
Looking for a family-friendly holiday in North Wales? If you’ve got kids (or dogs!) coming along for the trip, look no further than our top three family picks.
- Snowdonia – You don’t have to be a thrill-seeker to enjoy this National Park! Its breath-taking landscape and wide range of activities make it one of the perfect places to stay in North Wales for families. From dark sky sites for star gazing to adventure zip lines, Snowdonia National Park is a treasure trove to unlock.
- Wrexham – For dog-friendly places to stay in North Wales, look no further than this historical market town. There’s plenty of room for exploring and lots of dog-friendly local eateries to fuel up in. Not to mention, the nearby Chirk Castle is one of the best stately homes in North Wales to visit.
- Anglesey – An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Anglesey is a gorgeous place to stay in North Wales with the family. Complete with lots of attractions to fill out your stay. From farm parks to castles and plenty in between, you won’t be stuck for ideas to entertain young guests.
Top 3 Best Places to Stay in North Wales for Couples
Planning the ultimate romantic getaway? Check out the best places to stay in North Wales for couples.
- Portmeirion – This magical, Italian-style tourist village is undeniably one of the best places to stay in North Wales for couples. The unique combination of North Welsh scenery and impressive Italian architecture exudes romance. Couples can also find exceptional fine dining, a relaxing spa, and stunning river views at Portmeirion.
- Harlech – Enjoy quality time with your loved one on the beach’s white sands, or admiring the view from its imposing castle. Harlech perfectly showcases the tranquil beauty of North Wales. The peaceful atmosphere makes Harlech one of the best places to stay in North Wales for couples.
- Caernarfon – Renting a cosy holiday let in Caernarfon will offer you all the tranquil landscapes you’d expect, as well as a gorgeous market town to lose yourselves in. It is also home to one of the greatest buildings of the Middle Ages, Caernarfon Castle…the perfect day out for couple photo opportunities!
Top 3 Places to Stay in North Wales by the Sea
Sometimes a break away by the seaside is exactly what the doctor ordered. Luckily, there are plenty of places to stay for a holiday on the North Wales coast. For easy beach access check out these top three places to stay.
- Colwyn Bay Beach – A whopping three miles long, it’s an excellent choice for long walks and beautiful views. The Welsh Mountain Zoo nearby makes it another great option for families.
- Barmouth Beach – With popularity matched only by its charm, Barmouth Beach is a must-visit if you’re looking for places to stay in North Wales. Think picturesque views of the surrounding mountains whilst lounging on the sand!
- Aberdaron Beach – Nestled within an Area of Outstanding Beauty, Aberdaron Beach is the ultimate destination for exploring North Wales’s beautiful wildlife. It boasts various coastal paths, rock pools, and plenty of places to stop for lunch. There’s also the option for summertime boat trips and lots of other water activities.
3 Types of Holiday Accommodation to Choose From
Once you’ve figured out which area you want to stay in, it’s time to choose your dream holiday accommodation. North Wales is used to visitors flocking to explore its many treasures and so it has plenty of holiday homes ready to go. Here are some of our favourite types of places to stay in North Wales.
- Holiday Cottages – The perfect home away from home, North Wales Holiday Cottages are a cosy refuge to return to after a days exploring. This option is fantastic if you’re planning a North Wales self catering holiday. Relax by the fire or play games in the kitchen and reconnect with your loved ones.
- Camping – Try camping in North Wales an experience the amazing natural scenery up close. A great option for holidays on a budget and excellent fun for adventurous spirits. Not quite your style? Try glamping instead for a touch of luxury.
- National Trust Hotels – There are many amazing National Trust Properties in North Wales and some of them are even available to stay in. For example, the 17th century Bodysgallen Hall and Spa is a blissfuly romantic place to stay in North Wales for couples.
UK holiday guidance with Cottage Decisions
We’re proud to deliver the best in UK holidays. From helping out with advice on the 10 best things to do in North Wales to sharing inspiration for Cornwall family holidays. Wherever your staycation takes you, Cottage Decisions is here to lend a hand.