Yorkshire Dales family holidays will provide an adventure for all of your clan. Discover the best places to stay and things to do in our guide now.
Places to Stay on Your Yorkshire Dales Family Holiday
- Burnsall – Burnsall is a pretty village that lies on the bend of the River Wharfe.
- Malham – Malham is a village in the Pennines at the south end of the Yorkshire Dales, Ideal for a family holiday to the Yorkshire Dales.
- Horton-in-Ribblesdale – Horton-in-Ribblesdale site beneath Pen-y-ghent, one of the three Yorkshire Peaks.
- Dent – Dent lies at the top end of the Yorkshire Dales, and is actually in Cumbria. It features idyllic cobbled streets and is in a narrow valley.
- Grassington – Grassington is another village that is full of attractions, from art galleries to cafes.
Types of Yorkshire Dales Accommodation for Families
As one of the UK’s top family holiday destinations, the Yorkshire Dales had much to offer. Here are our top recommendations for family holiday accommodation in the Yorkshire Dales:
- Cottages – When on your Yorkshire Dales family holiday, a cottage is the perfect home away from home.
- Shepherd’s Huts – Little ones will adore staying in a converted Shepherd’s hut whilst on a family holiday in the Yorkshire Dales.
- Lodges – Lodges offer a little bit of luxury to self-catering family accommodation in the Yorkshire Dales.
- Glamping Pods – If you want to take your camping up a level, hire a glamping pod during your family holiday to the Yorkshire Dales for a unique experience.
Yorkshire Dales Family Holiday Activities
A family holiday to the Yorkshire Dale will be full of adventures to remember for a lifetime. Here are some of the top things to do during your time here:
- Malham Cove – Is a curved limestone formation that measures 0.6 miles. It was formed by a waterfall at the end of the Ice Age more than 12,000 years ago.
- Bolton Abbey Estate – Bolton Abbey is the ruins of a 12th century monastery which you can visit today.
- Climb One of the Yorkshire Peaks – For active families, you can’t miss climbing at least one of the Yorkshire Peaks whilst in the Dales.
- Visit Ribblehead Viaduct – The Ribblehead Viaduct is 400m and featured in the Harry Potter films on the train on the way to Hogwarts.