Cornwall holiday cottages are a beautiful choice for a staycation in the UK. The western region of Britain has stunning coastline, excellent surf, and beautiful countryside scenery. With so many outdoor activities to offer Cornwall is the perfect destination for a family vacation in a holiday cottage. Our guide walks you through the best types of holiday cottage in Cornwall, as well as our top tips on what you should do whilst you’re there.
4 Reasons to Holiday in Cornwall
Cornwall is bursting with fun activities and gorgeous views that every family or friend group will adore. Whether you prefer a quiet cottage holiday spent relaxing with a good book, or a jam-packed adventure full of outdoor exercise – Cornwall is the ideal destination for you. As one of the UK’s top holiday destinations, there’s something for everyone in this south-western region. Here are our top reasons you should book a Cornwall holiday cottage:
- Beautiful Coastline – Cornwall is well-known for its beautiful coastline and beaches that are just calling for you to sink your feet into the silky sand.
- Stunning Countryside – Where the sea meets the fields, inland Cornwall is just as pretty as its seaside counterparts.
- Delicious Local Food – Famed for Cornish pasties, afternoon tea, and fresh seafood – the foodie scene does not disappoint in Cornwall.
- Subtropical Climate – The gulf stream funnels up to Cornwall, giving it a subtropical climate, unlike most of the UK.
6 Types of Cornwall Holiday Cottages
Convinced that you should plan your next UK break to Cornwall? There are so many types of holiday cottages in Cornwall you won’t be stuck for choice. Whether you’re after a property that is family-friendly for the kids, or you’re after a cosy cottage fit for a romantic getaway – this is what you should look out for.
- Family Friendly Cornish Cottages – a family holiday to Cornwall is one to never forget. A cottage gives the kids, and yourselves, all the comforts of home in a new location.
- Dog Friendly Cornwall Cottage Holidays – no trip to Cornwall is complete without your trust sidekick. If you want to take your dog on holiday to Cornwall, a cottage is the perfect place.
- Luxury Cornwall Holiday Cottages – For those who want to treat themselves, keep an eye out for luxury cottages in this western county. A hot tub with a seaview is the ideal way to end the day.
- Beach Cottages – Cornwall has some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK, so why not get a cottage with a view of the gorgeous coastline?
- Countryside Spots – For a quieter break in Cornwall, find a country cottage nestled away in nature.