Devon holiday cottages make the quintessential base for a UK holiday. For anyone planning on taking a break in this region, look no further than our guide on this perfect accommodation option.
4 Reasons to Holiday in Devon
We could list endless reasons why this county makes a wonderful staycation spot, but here are just four to convince you to take that well-earned break:
- Incredible coastline – Nothing beats a beautiful beach in the UK, and Devon has plenty of coastline to take advantage of. Stretch your legs with a stroll along one of the county’s many seaside areas.
- Charming countryside – Explore gorgeous nature trails right on the doorstep of your Devon holiday cottage. There’s no better place to unwind in the open air.
- History and heritage – When you’re not relaxing in your Devon holiday cottage, you can enjoy exploring historical landmarks from Exeter Cathedral to Dartmouth Castle.
- Unbeatable local treats – A Devonshire cream tea is not to be missed when taking a holiday in the area. Whereas a Cornish cream tea tops scones with jam then cream, Devon prefers cream before jam. We think both are equally delicious!
4 Types of Devon Holiday Cottages
Location is key when taking a staycation. Making sure your Devon holiday cottage is in the optimal area to get the most out of your stay is essential when planning your break. Here are three top spots to stay in the county:
- Ilfracombe – Complete with stunning beaches, independent shops and gorgeous scenery, Ilfracombe makes a picture perfect destination for a UK holiday.
- Brixham – In the midst of the English Riviera, this breath-taking fishing town has lots to offer to a break away in a Devon holiday cottage.
- Hartland – Enjoy a wonderful natural landscape with plenty of opportunities to indulge in long, peaceful walks.
3 Places to Stay in a Devon Holiday Cottage
Devon holiday cottages provide the model backdrop against which to spend your stay in the area. These four types all offer something to suit your holiday needs:
- Family friendly Devon holiday cottages – Devon makes the ideal solution for a family holiday in the UK, and a cottage is the perfect accommodation option. Bring your home comforts along for the ride with the opportunity to enjoy a self-catering holiday in Devon.
- Dog friendly Devon holiday cottages – With areas of outstanding natural beauty in Devon such as Blackdown Hills, it’d be a shame for your dog to miss out. Bring your beloved pet along for the adventure and opt for a Devon holiday cottage to accommodate your furry friend.
- Luxury Devon holiday cottages – Give your next staycation the ultimate upgrade and treat yourself to a luxury cottage for your break. Wake up in the best possible way with added extras such as a hot tub.