Dog friendly holidays in Cornwall are a must for the family with a furry friend. Planning that much anticipated break from the stresses of everyday life can easily be adjusted to suit the needs of your pooch. From the best places in Cornwall to take your pet, to fun things to get up to, we have plenty of tips to help you be prepared.
3 Types of Dog Friendly Holiday Accommodation
A great place to start when planning a dog friendly holiday in Cornwall is picking the right accommodation. We have three suggestions for the best living arrangements when it comes to travelling with your pooch:
· Cottages – We believe a good holiday cottage provides the ultimate UK holiday experience. Cornwall holiday cottages offer a home away from home for your break. The secluded nature of this type also means your dog can bark and play without fear of making too much noise for other holidaymakers!
· Lets – Perfect for self catering holidays in Cornwall, holiday lets allow you to enjoy an authentic experience of this stunning location. Choose the perfect sized let for your family, with plenty of flexibility on prices. Holiday lets in Cornwall are great for exploring all those hidden local gems.
· Caravans – Holiday caravans are a classic choice for a reason. They’re great for those looking take a dog friendly holiday in Cornwall on more of a budget. Cornwall family holidays in this type of accommodation are often perfect for dogs, and there are plenty of fantastic holiday parks to choose from.
3 Places to Take a Dog Friendly Holiday in Cornwall
There are several great places to take a dog friendly holiday in Cornwall. With lots of gorgeous beaches and towns to explore, your pet will love all the new sights and smells. Consider these spots when staying in the area:
· Newquay – For dramatic coastal walks, visit Newquay for a dog friendly holiday in Cornwall. Take a day trip to the wonderful Lappa Valley Steam Railway for a charming experience.
· Bude – Pack out your dog friendly holiday in Cornwall with an activity-packed stay in Bude. Wander around the s
4 Activities for a Dog Friendly Holiday in Cornwall
Luckily for dog owners, you’ll find an array of activities suitable for your group in Cornwall. Don’t forget to add our four top picks for things to do on a
dog friendly holiday to Cornwall, to your itinerary:
· The Lizard Peninsula – Be sure to visit some of the dog friendly Cornish seaside along the famous Lizard Peninsula. The picturesque Mullion Harbour is perfect for dogs to get explore and exercise to their heart’s content.
· Port Eliot House and Gardens – One of the most beautiful things to do in Cornwall is undoubtedly a visit to Port Eliot. Your dog can roam free in the park and enjoy a beautiful walk around the gardens whilst on a lead.
· The Cornish Seal Sanctuary – Come face to face with adorable seals and visit the charity-run Cornish Seal Sanctuary. Since dogs are welcome to this attraction, the whole family can enjoy this unique experience.
· Launceston Castle – Take a trip to one of the area’s historic castles during your dog friendly holiday in Cornwall. Learn all about its interesting background whilst spending quality family time with your canine friend.
UK Holiday Guidance with Cottage Decisions
Cottage Decisions offers tips and advice on all things UK holidays. From