A short break in North Wales is the perfect solution when an impromptu getaway is just what’s needed. Keep reading for our best tips to plan your well-earned holiday.
Why is North Wales the best place for a short break?
Priding itself on dramatic coastlines and rich historical attractions, a short break in North Wales is a great way to escape the stresses of daily life. This region hits the sweet spot right between having lots of local variety, and that perfect peaceful atmosphere. North Wales is one of the very best places in the UK to relax and unwind.
Best 4 types of accommodation for a short break in North Wales
- Hotels and Inns – For a last minute short break in North Wales, there is no shortage of quality hotels and inns to choose from. The flexibility is there with this option to keep your trip as cheap or luxurious as you wish.
- Caravan – A classic caravan makes for the perfect short family break in North Wales. It’s also a great option if you’re looking for a self catering holiday in North Wales.
- Camping and Glamping – The best way to appreciate the stunning natural landscape is to be right in the heart of it! Don’t worry if you’re not quite ready to brave the elements…there are lots of glamping options for ultimate comfort.
- Cottages – This list just wouldn’t be complete without a North Wales holiday cottage. For a home away from home kind of trip, you can’t beat the many gorgeous cottages on offer.
Where to stay on your short break in North Wales
- Llŷn Peninsula – It offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the region, making it ideal to visit and unwind for a few days. There are also several beaches that welcome dogs if you’re looking for a pet friendly holiday in North Wales.
- Conwy – A very pretty, walled market town, steeped in Medieval history. With lots of brilliant places to visit in Conwy, you’ll find it easy to make the most of your minibreak.
- Snowdonia National Park – Nature lovers and thrill seekers won’t find a better spot for a short break in North Wales. Explore the surrounding mountains, lakes and forests and forget all your worries.
UK holiday guidance with Cottage Decisions